Posting Hermes purchases on your social media

tnv101805

Apr 21, 2019
Do you guys post your purchases on your social media? For example I just got a Birkin and I’m sooo happy, I would love to share it on my social media but I know most ppl won’t know what it is or will pass judgment and just think I’m showing off. Was just wondering if anyone else had this feeling lol

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

TraceySH

OUT HIKING! & searching for Yeti
Feb 28, 2016
Do you guys post your purchases on your social media? For example I just got a Birkin and I’m sooo happy, I would love to share it on my social media but I know most ppl won’t know what it is or will pass judgment and just think I’m showing off. Was just wondering if anyone else had this feeling lol
I just keep 2 instagrams for that reason. One for my fashion stuff, and one for personal - friends and family. A few people are on both of them, but not too many. I prefer to keep my shopping habits private haha. Also, depends on your area, too. I don't have my name on my fashion instagram account anywhere, because this stuff is really expensive. I don't want to be a target for a robbery - I also have many things I won't ever post because of that too - despite being "anonymous".

Last edited:

tnv101805

Apr 21, 2019
I just keep 2 instagrams for that reason. One for my fashion stuff, and one for personal - friends and family. I few people are on both of them, but not too many. I prefer to keep my shopping habits private haha. Also, depends on your area, too. I don't have my name on my fashion instagram account anywhere, because this stuff is really expensive. I don't want to be a target for a robbery - I also have many things I won't ever post because of that too - despite being "anonymous".
Haha I also have another anonymous instagram account just to post my own shopping stuff lol

TraceySH

OUT HIKING! & searching for Yeti
Feb 28, 2016
Haha I also have another anonymous instagram account just to post my own shopping stuff lol
Great Minds!!!:giggle: So in your personal one you could always just post a pic that you would otherwise post where you happen to be wearing your beautiful new bag. People that don't know about bags or care won't even notice, and those that will, will?

Pksz

Apr 10, 2015
Canada
I feel exactly the same as you. I don’t post anything for all the reasons you said. I just purchased my first Birkin too and Am so excited I want to shout from the rooftop! I use to post purchases several years ago but But if I posted it - most comments were not so nice.Why can’t everyone just be happy for other people? And not judge them?!

miniwatt

Jul 11, 2016
Totally agree an anonymous account would be smarter. I've never posted purchases to IG; even though it's set to private I still don't know many of the ppl following me. Plus I'm pretty sure it would come off as flexing to my particular audience. Once in a blue moon, a watch or a ring or a bag or an orange box might be visible in a picture, but I've never really posed on IG with anything to show it per se.

aisham

Sep 15, 2014
Post here please :heart: we will appreciate your Birkin more than IG heheheh ...

I don't like to post Unboxing videos on social media . People never understand they might think you are flexing or just copying other instagramer . I don't really care what people think or say , but I don't like to give them a reason to . I hope you can understand my point .

I love hermes , few of my friends can understand my craziness so I share with them vis snapchat . Others no no no never . A collage friend said to my sister while she was purchasing a Birkin 30 and in front of her SA that she is basically stupid to play the H game ! can you imagine that ! I was with her that day and we ran into this so called friend who herself was looking for a b or k and doesn't want to play the game !

So I support the idea of an anonymous IG account or post the unboxing on a private story on your IG .

After all what I have said , it is your choice . I love love love hermes accounts and unboxing videos ! I don't fallow who call themselves " influencers " but I love to fallow resellers and Hermes lovers. If someone asked me to recommend a hashtag on IG I would recommend #hermesspacialorder :lol: or something about food and exercise .

CrackBerryCream

The Edge of Glory
Oct 26, 2012
Vienna, Austria
I have several IG accounts... but I used to post expensive stuff on my main one because it existed mainly to promote the eComm startup we had at that time (selling luxury products...). Don't do that anymore these days as my most recent circles aren't really into that stuff and there is nothing I could promote with it LOL

Chamorrita83

Jul 1, 2020
Boulder, Colorado
I feel this. For over a year I've refrained from posting on my personal IG about Chanel purchases I've made (from the boutique and pre-loved)... but just today I bought my first Hermés Kelly 32 vintage and I am excited but not sharing over there b/c no one would even know what it was besides a black bag. :smile:

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I feel like most here - I rarely post pics of anything other than my cats. Once or twice a year I'll post a pic of a new bag (no Hermes, usually Chloe, LV, or Coach) and I'm VERY self conscious about it. Most of my social media friends/family aren't into bags, scarves, and other luxury purchases and it feels too "showy" given my audience. I'm already managing a work and personal Instagram so I don't want to have to deal with another anonymous account. I just post on this forum for the appreciation and support of all you kind people. :drinks: