Opinions on LE Bag Charm Price

Should I Get It?

• Although it is your choice, the item is too pricey for what it is. You can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yes! It’s your birthday, get the darn bag charm!

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Save it for a larger purchase or something else entirely different.

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Canada.
Hey everyone! I have an opportunity to purchase a yellow, new with tags Yayoi Kusama 1st edition bag charm. The catch? It’s $425 CAD ( roughly $317 usd.) I love it but it feels like I may be paying too much for it. I also just saw that a white one in the same condition sold for $375 usd. The prices are a mixed bag honestly. Please note that it’s my birthday in the next few days so a splurge can happen. Opinions are needed!

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Canada.
Hey everyone! I have an opportunity to purchase a yellow, new with tags Yayoi Kusama 1st edition bag charm. The catch? It’s $425 CAD ( roughly $317 usd.) I love it but it feels like I may be paying too much for it. Please note that it’s my birthday in the next few days so a splurge can happen. Opinions are needed!
It is the monogram one with the wave of dots, not the vertical line of dots in the centre!

eunaddict

Attempting to be a #functionaladult
O.G.
Dec 11, 2008
Purseland <3
I don't know the exact resale value for the charm you're talking about but most LE LV charms go for 350-500+USD. So, the price isn't outside of the realm of what's reasonable for an LE charm.

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
I feel like they’re all expensive, even new! But I have one and love it, worth it to me.

if it makes your heart sing, buy it!

Reactions: SakuraSakura

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Canada.
Thank you everybody for the feedback. I decided to do more digging and the price is fairly reasonable when you factor in several things such as condition, boxes + tags, LE and generally not readily available. It’s also about the value I inscribe upon the item too. I’ll be going to the shop tomorrow - my final decision will be announced sometime tomorrow! Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Reactions: mrs.JC

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
A brand new Escale charm is $310. So I feel that it is an obvious yes from me.

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
Canada.
UPDATE 2:

it’s actually $475. Truthfully I couldn’t work past the price point for a key chain so I bought something else le and new!

Last edited:
Reactions: baghagg

baghagg

Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
I can’t decide!! I love it so much but maybe I need to just forget the price and get it.
It's hard for me to give you advice on your particular bag charm because it's so subjective, but I'm not a fan of it and I thinks it's overpriced..

I can tell you that I bought two LV bag charms from LV and now they're considered "old" and I can't give them away lol

Good luck!

Reactions: SakuraSakura