Metal Plate or Authenticity Card?

Do You Prefer Metal Plate or Authenticity Card?

• Metal Plate

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Authenticity Card

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

pamelastanlee

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
Hi everyone, as we know there has been the introduction of the new metal plate system with Chanel products replacing the authenticity cards + serial sticker inside the bag.

Just curious to hear everyone's opinion about which one they prefer and why? :biggrin:

pamelastanlee

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
TBH I'm looking forward to when our bags will be tied to a NFT on the blockchain!

For now, I'm okay with the new metal plate system as there is less room for fake authenticity cards/serial stickers.
Haha yes definitely. I've seen some people complain about the new metal plate that it could potentially scratch things....
I wonder how easy it is to fake the metal plate? :confused1:

Am liking the metal plate as well .. dont have to worry about losing authenticity card
I personally like both! but I do wish the metal plate is less obvious.

My authenticity cards are stored in a safe, but I still worry about losing them. I am PARANOID lol. With the metal plates, I don’t have to worry about storing or losing any more cards. It’s convenient. Although I wish the plates were flatter.

Yes, me too.. I have multiple items and keeping track of the authenticity card is quite hard.
I wanted to keep it in the original bag but sometimes I am paranoid about about losing it when I am out and about.. :doh:

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
I prefer the card, the plate ruins the interior of the bag for me, it's not pretty to look at and it juts out in the smaller bags, like the mini. It's not hidden like the sticker was - I would have preferred it to be less obvious and more discreet (like LV chips sewn into the bag structure). Not a fan of the plate. Chanel often does metal plates in special edition bags and they've always been flat and attractive to look at, but these are poorly designed imo.

pamelastanlee

Sep 19, 2021
Australia
I prefer the card, the plate ruins the interior of the bag for me, it's not pretty to look at and it juts out in the smaller bags, like the mini. It's not hidden like the sticker was - I would have preferred it to be less obvious and more discreet (like LV chips sewn into the bag structure). Not a fan of the plate. Chanel often does metal plates in special edition bags and they've always been flat and attractive to look at, but these are poorly designed imo.
Yes they stick out quite a lot, although it removes the need to remember where the cards are.

Reactions: 2manychins

OCMomof3

Feb 26, 2013
Southern CA
I guess I never thought the cards were any big deal to begin with. Put them somewhere safe and forget about them unless you need them. With the plate I feel like there will inevitably be re-design(s) and then people with the earlier designed plate will be unhappy. You can't please everyone.

Reactions: pamelastanlee